Recently, Main Capital Partners has launched its third fund, Main Capital III. The Fund has a target size of € 65 million and is focussed on established and growing software companies in the Benelux. The Fund is focussed on companies with scalable international business models.
Main Capital Partners is able to generate ca. 150 investment opportunities per year within the focus areas.
Nearly 20% is ‘proprietary dealflow’ which allows us to take advantage of unique investment opportunities in the market. This enables us to be critical and select only those opportunities with exceptional risk/returns profiles.
For all information, please download our brochure.
Unique investment opportunity
- Main Capital III offers an opportunity to invest in a portfolio of 10 to 14 established and growing software companies in a mix of growth capital (50%) en management buy-outs (50%).
- Opportunity to investment in the systematically growing and very profitable software sector.
- Professional en experienced Fund Manger with clear governance structure including Supervisory Board and disciplined investment process.
- Main Capital Partners has proven track record. As of year-end 2010, Main Capital II has a gross IRR of 26% per year.
- Unique proposition for entrepreneurial investors, informal investors, Family offices and professional institutional parties.
- Objective is to realize a nett return of 20% per year to the Investors in Main Capital III
Main Capital II has an excellent track record in the software industry with an unrealized money multiple of 2,5x and a gross IRR of 53,3%.
Commitment Fund Manager
Main Capital Partners will commit 5% of the Main Capital III from own financial resources. We believe this is a substantial commitment for the Fund Manager and thereby aligns its interest with the Investors in the Fund.
Furthermore, the Fund Manager only has a share in any profit of the fund in case Investors have been repaid their full invested capital plus 7% preferred dividend per year.
Investing in Main Capital III
Primary funders that are targeted with Main III:
- Informal investors and high net worth entrepreneurs with key industry knowledge and business skills in our key focus industries.
Minimum commitment: € 250.000
- Family offices, financial institutions and strategic funders.
Minimum commitment € 2 million
- Cornerstone investors can invest from € 6,5 million and could be invited for a seat in the Advisory Board of Main Capital III.
The objective of Main Capital III is to realize a nett return of 20% per year to the Investors in the Fund.
Governance and Reporting
The Supervisory Board will monitor the management of the Fund and will be a mix of successful entrepreneurs in our focus markets and professionals with in-depth experience in private equity, finance or other relevant business experience. Currently, the Supervisory Board has two members:
- Chairman Mr. Peter Zwart: Former board member Van Lanschot Bankiers. Besides many years of general management experience, Mr. Zwart holds extensive knowledge in private banking, investments and structured & leveraged finance.
- Board Member Mr. Paul Dols: long-time software industry veteran and holds tremendous knowledge in software development and commercialization of software products. Mr Dols established the international software company DBS which was successfully sold to Visma in 2010 (Visma is an international software company financially backed by KKR)
On a quarterly basis, we will provide a Quarterly Fund Review to Investors containing all information on valuations and performance of portfolio companies. Once a year Investors receive an Audited Annual Report bases on EVCA guidelines. Multiple times per year newsletter will be distributed with relevant new items on portfolio companies or Main Capital Partners.
Interested in participating in Main Capital III? Please fill in this subscription form
or call us at: +31 (0)70 3243433
or send an email to either